At Tooting Primary School, we endeavour to promote positive mental health.
We offer a community of support, and will ensure that:
- We help our children to build emotional resilience
- We help our children to develop self-esteem
- We help our children to develop confidence
- We help our children to develop their social skills
- We help our children to feel valued and a part of Tooting Primary
We provide high levels of Pastoral Support at Tooting Primary and we encourage children to talk about any issues that are worrying them, and train our staff to be mindful of children’s emotional and mental well being. Any concerns are passed to our SENCo or Designated Safeguarding Leader (DSL) as appropriate to ensure children are properly supported in school.
We work in close partnership with outside agencies, including Wandsworth Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), the Educational Psychology team and Behaviour Support to ensure the best outcomes for our children.